Fall. College football season. Incidentally, also basketball season, a little while afterwards. I haven't been to a game in a few years, but ND was good last year and I was already in town for FOOTBALL and so we decided to go to a game at the beginning of the football season. The best part was going into the trophy hall, where they have things from all sports, including the names of all the Monogram Club- which happens to include Chris.
He said he had heard they put the new names up from the last couple years, and wanted to go check it out- sure enough, he (or I- ha!) was up on the wall- pretty awesome!
It was also pretty close to Nick Setta and Maurice Stovall, so that was cool. I stood there and admired his name (my name) for quite a while. Pretty cool to permanently be up there, since every great athletic from Notre Dame's past is up there too...

This is interesting, but annoying, and certainly not anything a Notre Dame fan would ever want to admit to a Michigan fan. I'm kinda surprised honestly that they put this up in Monogram Hall.

In case you've ever seen an ND basketball game- you can see what it looks like now with a jumbotron. So awesome that you get distracted from watching the game and start watching the jumbotron camera shot of the game instead :D

The next day- game time. The real game. I was lucky to have a ticket with my friend Dave and his dad Spero Cantos, as well as Gobel. Awesome to be able to sit with college friends at football games- always feels a little reminiscent of college. Especially nice when we win.
Band time before the game. The architecture building is where they have the ND Band show before the game- and one of the architecture students posted a nice sign on the side entry door- you won't really understand how true this is, in how many ways, unless you actually studied architecture or no someone who has. I thought it was pretty funny.

Across (St. Joe?) lake, Carroll Hall- they always put up a nice large banner for the football season. Good work guys.

From up in the stadium, there was a good sizable crowd of people as always- but I don't usually get this view so it was cool to see people streaming from all directions.

There was a fair amount of red too, since we were playing highly ranked Utah- they had a good amount of fans turn out for the game. I was excited but worried but excited.

At halftime our band commemorated the invention of the Forward Pass. They started making a stick figure and I thought no way, they're not gonna....and they did- a ground of people turned into a football and walked across the field and the stick figure caught the football! Kickass.

So in case you didn't hear...this game went pretty favorably. It was a huge win. And I guess it gave us enough momentum to go ahead and beat USC later on!

The fans (basically mostly students) got to rush the field, which was great, after the season started out pretty mediocre. But in our stadium it takes forever to rush the field cause there's a giant brick wall to jump over. So its pretty anticlimactic. The ushers are trying to help people down from the wall, and 15 minutes later only half of the student section has made it onto the field. LAME.

Sweet. We beat a ranked and heavily favored opponent. Soundly. But any chance to go to a Notre Dame game is a chance worth taking (aside from the $70 ticket price- PAINFUL: but my friend Dave and his dad were nice enough to give me the ticket free because I told him I couldn't even go because I was broke, and he said it was better than selling it to a random person for $5- thanks Dave!!)


No comments:
Post a Comment