Time for some new posts. First- I decided well before I went abroad that it'd be a good time to grow a beard- my only chance, maybe, when I wouldn't care about what I looked for the sake of my girlfriend, or other people, or a job, or whatever. So I could screw around and look ridiculous for awhile, and see if I did in fact look ridiculous. Done and done.
I got going from day 1- just started not shaving. After a few days and a neck trim, and a long night in Amsterdam, this is what I looked like.
I actually was trying to take daily photos for quite a while so I could try and make a time-lapse movie of me growing a beard. Still haven't done that. Not sure it'll work but I'll try :)
Here's once the beard got going enough to look like a beard. By this time I was in Barcelona.
It was time for a shave (and a head shave). I decided to have a little fun. Look ma, no sideburns!
Fully bald, still bearded. A few weeks into the beard.
Wow!! And suddenly, a few more weeks in, the beard really started kicking in. It was THICK, on my chin and my neck. Crazy.
The peak of the beard, after like 3 months, after I saw Chris who was also bearded, and before finals, before Thanksgiving. It was time to shave soon... Look at that gross neck. It was itcy for at least a month of me growing it.
First the head and the sideburns.
Then it was time for a wrestler beard. Aaaaaall the way down the neck...
I guess this is my French artist mustache, or something.
A good old mustache, that I kept for a day, and put hair gel in to keep it nice and twisted. Funny thing is how long it took people to notice and react to it. Some didn't notice it at all, maybe due to the fact that it was finals week...
This was my best Joe-Sergio impression, trying to smile like him to see if I'd look extra-like-my-dad with a mustache like his. Did I succeed?

No comments:
Post a Comment