Saturday, January 1, 2011

2- Random Stuff

Here's something pretty sweet. Tesla. They make electric cars. And they're actually being produced and sold. They announced a dealership opening in Chicago, one of the few in the US- so I went. Got to see the Tesla Roadsters, like that red one sitting out there, which is virtually the fastest production car in the world, and gets 80 miles per gallon (I think). That's equivalent energy measurement, since it doesn't actually use ANY gas, of course. I got a ride in that car. Holy CRAP it was fast. INSTANT acceleration. Sounded like a DeLorean. Amazing.

Something else kinda uh...sweet, not sweet that this giant Greek restaurant, in Greektown near my school, burned down- but sweet that the trees all froze covered with water from the fire department. The building was just a burned out shell. Nasty fire.


Something else sweet- I was making good on seeing a lot of concerts in 2010 by seeing Switchfoot, one of the best live bands I've seen, at The House of Blues. Their lead singer, Jon Foreman, always comes out into the crowd.

Like WAY out into the crowd. He was standing on a bar. He walked right by me to climb up there, after he came down from the stage, which is to the right. He sang a whole song up there.

No comments: