Saturday, January 1, 2011

1- Christmas 09

This is the first real post about post-Europe. Like "the first day of the rest my life" as they say. Its about time. I'm still trying to catch up to present life, and now that its 2011, I gotta get caught up cause 2011 is gonna have a lot to talk about. I hope :) So in 30 posts, I'm basically gonna cover all of 2010. 30 quick posts. Mostly photos. Hopefully. Though I guess there might be a fare amount of reflection in there, since I've spent 7 months looking for jobs and thinking about the future.

This was just hours after I landed in the US for the first time in four months- Tiffany and I went to have pizza with Josh and our friend Matt who was in town from Japan for just a couple days with his girlfriend (now wife) Shuko- it was his first time home since he'd left (I think?) and our first time to meet Shuko. Momentous occasion. They got engaged a month later, and married shortly after that because it was easier to get her Green Card that way. Crazy :)

Last Christmas. Just two Mac owners doing some computing.

Also around Christmas time- TV Mass, with Chris and his beard doing the altar-serving, because Uncle Neil was saying the mass that week.

Max, when we started realizing last year that he was probably going senile. He started sitting out in the freezing snow, for hours. Just contemplating life. Or maybe talking to his hallucinations. He sat behind this snow, on the concrete, like he was stuck, until someone went and got him. Unreal.


This is Jenny's homemade anti-Max defense- to keep him from scratching at her door at night. For some reason he really wants to join her in her room when she's at home and asleep- and yet if she lets him in, and closes the door, he wants out, and scratches again. Thankfully he hates the sound of plastic bags, and all other similar things (like tin foil or newspaper) so this keeps him away from the door because he won't walk on it. What an idiot :)

These were all the packages that were at home to greet me when I arrived. I had ordered things for people for Christmas and stuff. It was fun getting this many packages before Christmas even started!

And here was a hand-decorated Christmas ornament that made it home safely from Italy, for my mom...it had to go through 5 countries on its way to the US!

Christmas Eve at Nana's as we do every year. Nathan wearing pink, Jenny wearing gold. Tiffany and I taking a nice snooze on the carpet in front of the warm fireplace. We'd been home for about 24 hours from Ireland. She's wearing my Puma socks...


The day AFTER Christmas, we had an extended family Christmas party, got to go to my uncle and aunt's new(-ish) house that they'd built- they had this big medallion inlaid in the floor in the foyer- pretty cool. Those are Tiffany's feet. I think.

And here was the family photo we took. I made a stop-motion video of everyone assembling, from the balcony up above...

Another angle. Nice big room!

After that we had a White Elephant gift exchange, and my dad got this old weird creepy doll head, and at the end my uncle was taking pictures of people and their gifts. Cute.


No comments: