Twitter, ps, is like blogging except in 140 characters or less, but multiple times throughout the day. Its a way of keeping up with people's thoughts and daily activities. Yes, it sounds boring or invasive or both, but it turns out to be kinda addicting, for some anyway. Once I get an iPhone, I'll be posting to it like mad, because I have lots of one-line thoughts that I wish I could tell someone or put somewhere.
Like:
How many department chairs at this university wear bright blue plastic watches?
This year I get to see the Trump Tower be finished out my window!
This damn chair's squeakiness is driving me crazy.
I don't have time to meet all these new people.
How is it that practicing and teaching architects can have such mastery of design software and still be so inept at using the basic functions of their computer?
And so on. Twitter.com. You can sign up and "follow" me, and then see who else I'm following or who is following me, and add them as well. Another way of networking, which people love these days.
As you may have surmised, I've started school again. I have a new studio (upstairs) with a balcony behind me overlooking the old one, and a window in front of me looking at the skyline instead of into my director's office. I have 47 or so classmates, instead of 18. All of whom I think are either younger than me or exchange students. I have four less hours of class this year, and probably more than enough extra work to make up for it. I no longer have 8am classes. But I have class until 6pm every day. There are already three party-ish things happening this weekend, all which I'm missing. Oops. My butt is already sore, I'm waiting for a new iPhone and laptop to come out, and I already knocked off a hefty to-do list the past couple days.
Year two is underway. Damn this squeaky chair. Everyone hates it. Next week I start running again and start learning Spanish. T-minus one year until Barcelona.
Tiffany started class too- Human Anatomy. She gets to learn all the stuff Jenny did. Til 8:30pm, Mon/Wed, all semester. Wow. Time for me to go and do something useful.

No comments:
Post a Comment