Did I mention its legal in California to drive motorcycles in between lanes on the highway? Ridiculous. Whether we're going 80 or sitting in bumper-to-bumper, they're flying by in between cars. Is this a car chase scene or something?
Today: Movie sets! El "Pal-o" Loco! Yosemite! This morning we went for a two-hour two at Warner Bros. studios. Yeah could have done Universal, but we also coulda gone to Dinseyland and we didn't do that either- no time, too much money, not the interest. WB was just a tour, no rides and garbage. We got to be on a golf cart most of the time, we got to take pictures *some*, and we got to see a lot. All the cool stuff of course couldn't be on film. We saw costumes from Dark Knight, The Matrix, Harry Potter, I Am Legend, 300, and other older movies I didn't care about as much, and tv shows like Chuck and Pushing Daisies (a personal favorite of me and Tiffany in a Tim Burton/Big Fish kinda style with a narrator, on ABC). We got to see the "Buy More" (Best Buy) set from Chuck, as well as the tallest sound stage in the world, where the whole final 15 minutes of Indiana Jones was filmed. The original set of Central Perk from Friends. Saw lots of open street sets and backdrops that were changed and used for many things over the years, including currently for ER, with El tracks reminding me of Chicago (its set in Chicago if you didn't know).
All this before lunch. Which turned out to magically delicious Horchada drink again. Then we drove (or should I say Chris drove) to Yosemite. He got cut off four times in ten minutes on the day, by people weaving in and out of dense fast-moving traffic, like it was gonna get em somewhere. Jacks. On the way from SoCal to uh, "Nor"Cal (stupid), I saw lots of groves of something- oranges maybe, and some were walnuts, and smaller trees maybe cherries or something. I dunno. Also saw another dust tornado- saw a few of those outside of Vegas. They're little things no more than ten feet across just spinning away. Bizarre.
We've got Tue-Wed-Thur and half of Friday- tomorrow will be Yosemite things, Wed-Thur will be SF, as will Friday. Then I return only to find my girlfriend gone to Houston and my grad school starting in two days. Rude awakening.
So we called ahead and actually FOUND a room like 8 miles from Yosemite Nat'l Park, after being told by three people in LA that we were CRAZY for not having a room already, in some lodge of a bunch of rooms, a pool, an overpriced diner, and equally overpriced restaurant and gift shop with some food and drink. We got some pizza that didn't stick around for too long and then some beersssss for tonight and PowerBars for tomorrow. We drove 2 miles down the road to find our particular little house we were staying in. It has a little deck, two sets of stairs, a small kitchen and bathroom, and an upstairs loft with a ladder. It has two different AC units and apparently no exhaust or return of any kind, because the front door gets sucked shut and the window was squealing because it was sucking air so hard through its gaps to the outside. Now its time for bed in the hot loft- at least we realized how hard the building was being pumped full of air cause we opened the window and its sucking hot air to the outside as fast as it can.
Ps. We're in the mountains, with no cell service at some sketchy lodge house thing miiiiiiles from anywhere, down a detoured road across a one lane bridge, because a rock slide covered the real road. I'm pretty sure we're getting murdered tonight- so if you never hear from us, the guys with the banjos got us. Oops. I will say that I miss Tiffany more lately, especially with seeing and doing so much without her- but also not having cell service this evening does make me feel far away. And I know she'll worry about me.

1 comment:
um, ps. i love both Chuck and Pushing Daisies!!!!
Post a Comment