I'm not sure whats more exhausting- the fourteen miles we walked today (FOURTEEN) or the 0% humidity. You don't even notice the 100% temperatures when you're busy nursing your sore throat and dry eyes. Combine that with drinking my own $1 Michelob plus two more that Chris and my dad didn't like in about thirty minutes, and I'm ready to dry up and blow away in the wind. The heat actually feels pretty great, cause your sweat basically vaporizes here. I don't think any of the water from my shower even got down to the tub- there isn't even a drain. I was dry as soon as I turned the water off. Okay that's not true.
We ran into some famous people, and did some drinkin'...
Also exhausting is the constant stream of middle-class white people in a hurry to lose their money to endless fields of machines with flashing lights and ringing bells. Its like a bloody Pavlov city.
What's cool is watching probably the biggest single development in Vegas history in the middle of going up on the strip, I think called the City Center. For the whole day I'm forgetting who designed it. It'll come to me. Or I'll look it up. If only I didn't hafta walk past 20 Mexicans flicking and slapping business-card sized handouts advertising for the local strip clubs, that they thrust out in front of you without a word.
Yum.
This place is basically like an Adult Disney World where every part of the park has the same rides and they all cost a lot of money and don't even go anywhere. I guess I'm enjoying the gambling of an 11% percent return on my shares of Apple stock in the past few weeks more than sitting down at a slot machine and repeatedly pushing a button that might as well be labelled "Take My Money".
Don't get me wrong, I'm actually quite enjoying the place. I just don't understand wanting to spend your honeymoon or family vacation here. And damned if they shouldn't be selling eyedrops and lotion on every corner with the "ice cold water one dollar".
Um Chris had some fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment