Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Chance Meetings Are Weird. uhhh Part 2.

Now I know everyone says "its a small world" and has those experiences, but I thought I'd document a few of my own.  I've gotten to the point that any time I'm pretty much anywhere with alotta people (a random big city, or an amusement park) I can practically count on seeing someone I know...of course that extends to someone I vaguely recognize from class or work).  So here's a few stories:


The first story isn't my own.  A friend of mine (I think it was Aaron King but I have a knack for remember what I was told without remember who told me it- people around me know this) was in Europe (maybe it was Paul Miller who's story this is) and was in some random town in Germany when he ran into someone we went to high school with, Ben Corson-Knowles, as they both were passing each other on the stairs of an old clock tower.  There were 100 people in my high school, and two of em ran into each other in a clock tower in Germany.


Second, an event that cemented my belief in these occurrences is when I was in Toronto with my family some years ago, and I think we were seeing Castel du Mont or du Pont or whatever means Castle on the Hill in silly French.  And we ran into a family we knew from South Bend there (the Busks), like we were at the mall or something.


My family has one of my sister's classmates Megan living with them for the summer while she does a rotation for physical therapy in South Bend.  I'm really fuzzy on the details but thankfully after briefly posting a completely incorrect story about the wrong people, my sister Jenny set me straight.  Megan and her husband apparently for part of their honeymoon stayed at someone's house.  During 4th of July weekend, Megan met Joe Tigue, my cousin Rachel's fiance (for three more days anyway) and found out that it was his brother who's house she stayed at.  I don't think her and Joe had even met before but it was random conversation about where people were from that brought it about.  Oops its rapidly getting late.


The weirdest ones of late are these.  


My (now former) roommate Matt (who moved to Japan to speak English- insert plug for his blog here- vicariousjapanese.blogspot.com) was in uh, some city in Japan a couple weeks ago when he saw an American looking girl in some garden he was walking by.  She, Megan McCandless, was reading a book, and surprisingly I'm fuzzy on the details but he approached her and said hi more or less because they were both American, and it turns out she's friends of one of our good friends from SB, Rachael Stowe, because they went to college together.  Finding people you know in random gardens in Japan.


Lastly (I gotta go cut my hair take a shower go to DQ and go to bed), Tiffany as you might know moved here to uh, hang out with me.  She has a friend from Baylor, Shubair.  He bumped into one of his old friends from grade school, in Houston, who said she was moving to Chicago (or something like that) coincidentally to be with HER boyfriend, and he asked if she knew me.  And she, Diana Guilen, is a friend of mine from college.  So Shubair ends up flying to Chicago a couple months later to visit us both.  Its like the Circle of Life or something.  Gotta go now. 


I get the feeling this isn't terribly compelling or even decently written.  Apologies.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love how you are fuzzy on ALL of your stories :)