We slept in, we got woken up by housekeeping (housekeeping, are you checking out today? housekeeping, are you checking out today? housekeeping, are you checking out today?) and rode the train downtown just to have lunch at a waaaaay expensive German beer hall (shoulda just gone to "Innn-Out Burr-jah" and Jamba Juice), and then stopped to check out a water fountain TIffany recommended. The weather was great again, I really enjoyed this city. The only other place I've been besides Chicago and NY with a genuine real worthwhile large walkable downtown and extended city-scape. Not Houston, LA, Denver, Atlanta (though they have a decent downtown) are that seamless to be able to walk 19 miles and seeing stuff the whole time.
Then we got back on the train, and after a million people took their time getting off so we could get on, the train driver decided to shut the doors and leave halfway through people boarding, so my dad and some girl also going to the airport got left on the platform while Chris and I drove away on the train. Ridiculous. They literally snapped shut between us. Lame sauce. The airport better have free wireless. (Yeah as you can see, it didn't- dammit).

1 comment:
Thanks, Carl. Just like being there, and if I can't go myself, your descriptions make me feel like I did :)Awesome pictures and so glad you were able to go!! Say hi to Tiff....God Bless...A Em
Post a Comment