Monday, August 18, 2008

Day Five

Well I must say its awesome that Apple stock WAS up to $180 but its down to $175.  Still making a sweet return on my bills.  Dark Knight is also within $9 million of #2 all-time, Star Wars.  Only $140 mil more to catch Titanic.  Yeah.  It was also exciting to have internet last night and check my mail.  I only had about 1000 spam messages.  Thanks Gmail for taking care of that for me.  You're mah boy.   


Just drove past the number many-th In-N-Out Burger.  Or "bur-jer" as Karen the Garmin voice likes to call it.  She also calls El Pollo Loco "pallo".  Right.  I don't think I'd ever actually eaten there- turns out they have this amazing little drink that I suppose Mexicans but not Carls are familiar with- Horchata.  Its rice milk and cinnamon.  And oh its magically delicious.  And of course a milky drink is perfecto for quelling hot spiciness from pico de gallo.


Anyway today we basically got up, had our continental breakfast, took brief advantage of the wireless, and went to the SD Zoo.  Apparently world-renowned- didn't keep Chris from being over it, but going turned out to be cool.  They had a skytram that we rode over the zoo, which was those little cable cars up in the air like at Cedar Point.  They had 4 of the remaining 1600 pandas in the world, and they were of course ALL sleeping.  They have the in-process Safari area that is supposed to be for elephants and lions and zebras and all kinds of other stuff...oh and cost $45 million.  They had some other cool aminals but nothing you can't find at Lincoln Park Zoo.  They had a fat-ASS hippo.  Ummmm some other stuff that I forget.  But we spent like three hours there.






Then we went to find San Diego State University's football stadium so we could do rain dances there- or um drought dances I guess, since they play Notre Dame in a couple weeks.  After wrong turning because of signs leading us to Chargers Qualcomm Stadium, we found SDSU campus...and found out they play at Chargers Stadium.  Okayyyyyyy Go Irish see you later.  Now we drive to an hour north of LA to meet up with relatives, technically my grandpa's cousin, though she's quite a bit younger and her kids are like junior-high age.  Sweet.  They have some fruit trees I think.  Tomorrow and Sunday we see the world of Los Angeles.  Not really the super touristy stuff though cause we've already done that bargage.



No comments: