Saturday, August 23, 2008

Another Side Note

One thing I've thought much about recently is future plans.  Tiffany and I have talked about her grad school a lot- where that would be, what it would be, etc.  She wants to go to Houston for school to be near her family.  She also wouldn't start until next fall.  So if she has a two-year program (the first semester of which I'll be in Barcelona for school anyway) then presumably I'll be moving down to Houston when I graduate.  That's when I'm buying my Mini Cooper.  Hopefully at that point we'll only need one apartment.  


After SHE graduates, we've talked about moving to Dubai, if jobs are really as plentiful as they seem, and if I could make enough money in a year or two to save up a bunch, and get an employer to fund flights home for holidays.  Thankfully her (our) friend Shubair shook hands that he'd move there if we did, since he has family in town there and his dad might move there for a job.  So at least we'll have someone to keep us company.  Chris said he'd come if he could :)


So it'd be nice to be able to come home from Dubai with enough cash in the bank to buy a house, or better yet build my own.  I'd also like to buy an electric car by then- unfortunately currently, they're at least 80 grand, if I bought a Tesla or more for a four-door Fisker Karma.  We'll see about those plans.  Where this house would be is the next question.


Its gorgeous though check it out:

http://www.fiskerautomotive.com/index.php/vehicles/features/

No comments: