Saturday, June 13, 2009

Missing Concerts.

During my Spring Break, this little cruise (which interrupted plans of visiting Jenny (Stahl) in Denver and going skiing for my first time) made me miss a concert- notable only because this has become the year of missing concerts. I guess life is getting too busy.

Missed or will be missing:

Howie Day cause of Spring Break
Third Eye Blind cause of Guatemala
The Doves the same bloody day, so I would have missed em anyway
Guster on the 4th of July
possibly Switchfoot because I wanna celebrate Dave Cantos' birthday
Blink 182 cause I'll be helping Tiffany move in Austin
U2 who will be in Barcelona and Amsterdam July and August, where I will be in September, when they are here in Chicago

Now I'm not complaining about any of the things I'm doing instead of these concerts, just lamenting missing concerts, cause I hate missing stuff. And I love concerts.

These concerts are notable also because outside of The Doves, these are like 5 of my top however many favorite bands. Solace is that I'm also SEEING (or saw):
Travis
Ed Kowalczyk (lead singer of Live)
Counting Crows (free)
The Wallflowers (also free)
Barenaked Ladies (yes, you guessed it, free)
Jet for $20 at a bar
Ben Folds
The Beach Boys!


Back to our regularly scheduled blogging.

No comments: