So Tiffany and I went on a cruise. Below will be a few pictures. Her mom paid for the whole thing as a Christmas gift/random get away and have some time together gift. So we made sure to leave from Galveston, so we could see her family, and then we went to Mexico (my first of three forays into Spanish speaking countries this year) to the Yucatan Peninsula to see Mayan ruins. Sweet. We went to Chichen Itza, the (or A) former capital of the Mayan culture that extends all the way down to Guatemala (where I just got back from).
The boat had a random old Rolls-Royce Phantom:
We spent a good portion of the trip walking around the boat, to various events- shows, free drink things, random watch/booze sales, art shows, the Casino, a sushi bar (!) open from like 5-7pm, and many random events on the main deck where the pool and (lame-ly slow) waterslide was (or maybe I'm just too fat/highly frictional). We had two days of stops- Chichen Itza was a two-hour bus ride each way plus a couple hours to tour the place. We couldn't climb the (damn) pyramid cause it was damaged by (damn) Hurricane Rita a couple years ago. Couldn't go under it into the catacomb crypt thing either (dammit). We got to see the water hole (like 40 feet down and 20 feet deep) where they used to apparently dump sacrificed bodies (mostly children- sorry for the squeamish). It occurs to me I'm using a lot of apostrophes (I mean parentheses).
Some random points from the trip- we had some giant flavored margaritas on the beach, after we did a zip line-wall climb-snorkeling adventure for a couple hours. The snorkeling was cool cause the fish were EVERYWHERE (sorry don't have pictures like that) and I saw a barracuda (sorta like the Heart song). We ate lots of decent food that was tasty and unhealthy- but the first two days we ate lunch so late that we missed dessert. I was piiiiiiiiiiissed! We also had a set dinner group, cause the seating was by room- so we ate with people whose rooms were by us. A white couple from Texas (the guy had done three tours in Iraq and was going for a fourth, for nine months) another white couple that were teachers and nice but awkward but smart, and two black couples, (one and a half, actually cause one of the girls was Latino, her boyfriend had a grill, as in a fake silver and diamonds mouthpiece that looked like teeth) and the other couple just gambled all the time apparently. Tiffany and I gambled $10 each. And lost.
It was also VERY windy at night, which I knew would happen and was excited about. It was exhilarating and felt awesome. So we went up there every night to feel the wind and watch the stars, and occasionally argue about something :)
We saw a large globe in the "library":
And I missed a couple spots, even after checking midday, on my legs. Swear words.
That is all I have to say about that. I'm sure I'm missing things. But it was fun and warm and sunny and windy and food-y. On to the next event. Which is again why blogs are weird- now that you've finished scrolling down to read this entry, you hafta scroll up to the next one, but then back down to read the next one. Odd.

No comments:
Post a Comment