Saturday, June 20, 2009

Intermission- the bad kind.

Before I get to what we saw and did, lemme just say that there was a rooster living about 50 feet away from our hotel in the adjacent yard. There was a pig there too. Neat, a pig. Rooster, not so much. 5am- cock-a-doodle-I'll-kick-your-ass-if-you-don't-shut-up. I don't think he could read my thoughts. He and his friend nearby were playing call and answer. I've been that angry a few times in my life- but only a few. I vividly imagined (and came close to actually doing this) myself getting out of bed, picking limes off the tree, and throwing them from the balcony, over the fence, at the rooster till he shut up. I even thought, heck if the only way to keep him quiet is to keep throwing limes, at least everyone else can sleep. I then figured that wouldn't work, and pictured myself climbing the fence, and chasing the rooster around until he or I passed out from exhaustion. I didn't know if I'd catch him or just scare him to death or give him a heart attack, or get shot by the guy who lived there- I didn't get that far in my imagination apparently. But my muscles twitched every time he crowed.


I resorted to toilet paper in the ears, and finally to headphones, which weren't pluggy enough to drown out the noise unless the music was up loud- which isn't that conducive to sleeping, even if it IS John Legend. I listened to probably an hour and a half of music trying to sleep. You know when you just don't even say anything, because you're so frustrated and angry that God didn't even make swear words vile enough to make you feel better by saying them? Yeah that was me. I had John Legend stuck in my head the next half day cause I spent more time that morning with music than I did with sleep. Oh MAN I was pissed.

But I did have a plate of fried plantains for breakfast, with sugar and sour cream, which people made fun of until they saw em and all wanted some. I obliged. They were tasty. Almost as tasty as murdered rooster. Some people know this about me (and my brothers I suppose as well)- do not disturb my sleep. I really honestly can't think of anything that angers me more than repeatedly disturbed sleep.

No comments: