Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Job!

I should note that I got a job. I applied to/contacted over 100 firms in Chicago- basically every single one I could find, including professors. I heard from maybe 20-30 saying they weren't looking or had filled the position, heard from like 4-5 asking for more information, and got an interview with one place. My professor Bill Worn, who I would have LOVED to work for. He's big on sustainable design/"green" architecture in many ways, he's very smart and interested in technology like solar panels and gray water reusing systems, and knows not only about their value but their shortcomings and the calculations behind it all. I've had him for two classes.

I really don't know what I did to deserve the job, because most of my classmates didn't find anything, and a couple are working for FREE just for the experience (good experience, yes, but I think I'd rather teach myself software and skills all summer, but its good on a resume). SO, I get paid, I get work hour credits towards being able to sit for the licensing exam someday, and I get something good on my resume, as well as lots of new knowledge and skills. So I'm pretty lucky, and pretty thankful. And I even have a nice view out a huge window, and the whole office runs on Macs. Another thanks :)

No comments: