I'm going to have to make multiple entries so they're bite-sized. And I'm going to hafta go back to February to begin with. Man. I think back then Tiffany was still waiting to hear from UT about acceptance to her program- she's since been accepted, which I think most people know. Three-year joint Master's of Social Work and Public Health. I think she'll actually have two Master's degrees. But I forget. Which probably annoys her :)
In the Spring U2's new album came out, and I listened to only one or two songs from it each day for like five days. I wanted to stretch out the elusive and rare experience of hearing a song for the first time- which obviously you only get once, with any particular song- which could be the next great thing. And that feeling of discovery is pretty amazing, like the first time you saw a beautiful sunset and your jaw dropped. By the time you're done looking at it, its cool, but not the same anymore.
We also back in March went to the Southside parade for St. Patrick's Day for the first time- and apparently the last, cause it sounds like they cancelled the old and revered drinking celebration because it was too much of a ruckus. Single white college graduates across the city who like drinking Guinness one day out of the year lamented. We had fun on the $10 bus ride down to the South Side, where some unnamed friend of mine was mooning passing school buses full of people just like us- white, wearing green, drinking beers on the bus. See below for the mustache I sported for the day :)
ALSO! I just remembered, that Tiffany and I went on a cruise in March :) So that's next post.


No comments:
Post a Comment