Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I'm Back. Uh, again. Yeah.

Hello again.  Sorry about the wrong address again.  Not sure whether to think I was right that no one would save the address and thus I should email it to everyone each time, or whether I've just created dependencies because everyone knows I'll email the address so they don't save it.  Whatever.

I promised entries right away.  Oops.  Can't figure out when time flies faster- being busy with school or busy with life.  Either.  This weekend marks two of three in a row in South Bend.  Busy, but it'll be fun.  But I'll get to current things later I suppose.   Still wrapping up the past eh...

But first more of the present.  I've been listening this past week to music I spent a day and a half of my week off, which was two weeks ago now, downloading music.  Yeah, I stole most of it.  I know, I'm going to hell.  I bought some, and I'll still buy full real albums if they're worth buying.  But to me that means never wanting to hit Next Track.  And that doesn't happen too often.  Coldplay's last album I *did* buy, then sold it a week later cause it disappointed me.  I'm opinionated and serious about my music, at times I think I should be a music journalist, or something.  Or something.  My point though was that I downloaded 250 songs, and after giving most of em a listen at least once, and deleting quite a few, now comes the time where I really get to start enjoying the good ones.  Really get obsessed with em, like listen to a song 30 times in a week or so.  Those songs you grin from ear to ear the first time you hear the first ten seconds of it, and as soon as its over you restart it- kinda like my brother Nathan and Disney movies.  Or Thumbelina.  Yeah he was doing that up until last year too!  Okay that's not true.  He was like a toddler.

But ANYWAY.  It makes me want to create my own music.  Badly.  The feeling ebbs and flows, and at times I think I don't even care if no one else heard it, and at times I think I wanna be Bono (which is most of the time) and at times I think I should forget it altogether and grow up and give up on any music blah-blah or radio ga ga.  I guess the opinion about music is sorta like this blog- write it for my own enjoyment, write it to entertain the masses, or shut up and sign off cause no one cares about my idle prattle.

No comments: