Lots of entries. Did I talk about work? Its good. I get paid more than I ever have, and get to work downtown, and unlike school its only 40 hours a week, instead of getting casually tossed vast amounts of work over the weekend like I don't need any time to BUY SOME DAMN GROCERIES.
Let me digress, or sidetrack, or uh, vent for a sec though. I take the train then walk to work from there. Downtown. I see hundreds of people crossing the street with me on the way, or rather NOT crossing the street. If I were in a worse mood I'd really start beyotching about the subject, but it still bothers me. I feel like I'm reading a paragraph out of 1984 (um, the BOOK, not the year- you can't read a year) every time I walk fully across a completely empty of traffic street, watching the people on the other sidewalk looking back up over my head waiting for the little white man to show up on the screen so they know its safe to walk. What really blows my mind is the people who actually give me quizzical looks, and glance back and forth from me to giant orange hand, back to me, up again reassuringly to the orange hand, as if Newton's 4th Law was that people don't cross the street unless the little white man says they can. I guess that's how city folk on autopilot going to the same mindless job for 20 years operate. But geez.
Well we're almost caught up with my life here. If only there was enough time to sit around and wait for everything to upload that I'd love to post- videos, songs, etc. Work is going well. Swell. The 9-5 isn't so bad- especially when last Monday was 14 hours because of a deadline, and I got to cut the rest of my days short. Not too bad. I'm actually having to refer back to my Google Calendar to remember what I did enough to blog about it here.
So it looks here on my calendar like...oh YES! Apple released their new iPhone. Aaaaand that's it. No other products. No tablet computer, no new laptops, not even a 32 gig iPhone. That said, I'm buying one. They come out July 11th. Not doing THAT, cause I'd hafta wait in line for days. So we'll see how many weeks I hafta wait before I could actually walk in the store and buy one. As long as its before I go to California with Chris and my dad. Oh yes, we're going to California. Just to visit Apple and Craig's List's corporate headquarters'. Okay thats not true. We're actually going to visit our cousin Connie, see SF and Alcatraz, Vegas, Yosemite, Sequoia Nat'l Park, Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, things in LA, PCH/ Hwy 101. Uhhhhh, NOT in that order. That was freestyle. It'll be 12 days of us and a rental car. Hopefully something with good gas mileage.
Also, I started playing soccer. That's GREAT. Its hot out, the sun is shining in my eyes, I skinned my knee on the turf, but its way fun. I'm in good enough shape to play the whole game (lame 25-minute halves, but take what you can get). Speaking of being in shape, Tiffany and I ran a 5K this Saturday. I won't go into details but uh, "we" were pretty winded after the race :) They then had Robinson's Ribs feed us rib sandwiches or pulled pork, so that was great, and some cover band Mike & Joe from Indy who were pretty good. Oh back to my calendar. I'm determined to catch you up on my life by the end of this entry and this evening.P>
SO also I went to my roommate um OLD roommate Jeff's graduation party- he's a doctor. Just like on Scrubs!! I can't wait for him to meet Turk. I'm so excited. But seriously, its awesome- we are all mere pawns compared to him. He'll be making six figures I think before I have my Master's. Oops. Maybe that's why Nathan is interested in pre-med. The day after that party we had my roommate (I guess also FORMER, now) Matt's going away party- he's now in Japan teaching Engrish. And current roommate Josh is in Spain. He re-dislocated his shoulder for the third time
Coldplay came out with a new album, that I was cynical about but interested nonetheless, and it turned out to be magic. More on that later. I need an entry just about music. I've also been trying to have lunch with friends downtown once a week (not more cause its too time-consuming and spensive) because I have like ten friends working within 1 mile of me. Not bad. This past weekend Tiffany and walked around Lincoln Park Zoo after the race, and Dave Esch came over to visit since in a month he's moving to Colombia, and he's I suppose an older friend than Josh. He and his parents are what got me and my family (school and friendwise) where we are today. Thanks Dave. Too bad I didn't think he was driving over, and didn't mention there was a Cubs game. A Cubs SOX game. Geez. At least the Cubs swept (as if I really care that much about baseball) but they're playing at Comiskey next weekend. Yeah I still call it that- the Sox park in the ghEtto. I could be going to school across the street from there, at IIT!
Lastly, no more pictures but a little wrap-up of what the future of the summer holds- watching lots of movies, reading Modern House 1, 2, and 3 which ROCK, Tiffany's friend Rose visiting this weekend, her mom visiting for like 7 days and coming to SB for 4th of July, seeing Wanted and Dark Knight (both filmed in Chicago) among other films like Hulk, Get Smart, XFiles and such that I hope to see in SB (for $2.50 in Niles!!), video chatting with my roommate Matt from Japan (sweet), playing more soccer, going to the Taste of Chicago, seeing the Farnsworth House (its FAMOUS, Google it, my dad and cousin Christine coming to Chicago to attend the Landmark Forum (without which who knows what I'd be doing or what I'd be like now, I certainly wouldn't have met Tiffany), and finally (as if there isn't lots of other stuff) Tiffany's parents and siblings are coming here and SB for Labor Day weekend. All these events include Tiffany of course. She still is due to write an entry herself, like a guest blogger here I guess :) The second two months of summer will go by faster and awesomer than the first month. School you stay away for awhile.

2 comments:
I guess nobody ever comments on here, but I actually whole-heartedly disagree with your cross walk ire. A few times I have seen an empty street and started walking across it, against a light. Then a cabbie has turned the corner and floored it. I started walking more briskly, only to see 15 people heading at me making the same attempt to cheat death at the hands of the cab driver. Playing frogger with them before becoming the latest windshield decoration on a yellow taxi is not worth it. So, next time you cross the street against the light and roll your eyes at the mindless apes standing at the street corner, please at least wave to me.
thanks for the pic and shout out last blog entry. Ps. Get Smart movie= laughed my butt off. and Ps.2 Amy is still in San Fran if you would want to holler at her when you head out there. Course she's one of my bridesmaids so you'll get to catch up then, if that's before your trip. Get ready for Party August 9!!!
Post a Comment