Monday, June 23, 2008


Oops forgot the picture of the Wack Grandchildren...


Well summer as I see it, starting the first week of June, is already a week over.   Roughly 11 weeks left.  (Oops I wrote this awhile ago- JUNE has one week left!!!) (Ps I feel like Aunt Mary/Uncle Neil/Uncle Steve every time I say "oops" followed by some phrase.)  My three straight weekends in SB are come and gone and its time for three straight weekends in Chicago.  (I only have one weekend of those three left now).  The heat is coming, but the humidity is here.  Still haven't done much swimming, after all those weekends in the town where family has pools.  Its time to enjoy the deck, the sun, the cornhole, the roommates, the girlfriend, the city, the beach, the beer.  I mean the uh, I don't drink.  The gin and tonics.  :)  Yum.   I'm hoping to spend lots of time with Pat in his in-laws' new condo, and Tiffany can finally meet Nickie, now that she even met Pat's parents this past weekend.  (We're actually going on Wednesday, watching a movie and fireworks over Navy Pier- don't you love me editing my own writings?  And Nickie isn't coming.)  Yep, we did the graduation party circuit one last time for Nathan's high school graduation.   He wore the sweet white suit.  We chest bumped when he came off stage with his diploma.  Yes, that happened.  I leave it up to Chris to hook me up with the pictures and such.  Food and drink at parties were good and fun and its always entertaining/weird/sobering about how old I am to see random people and their kids who are no longer kids or their kids who now have kids, at these kinda parties.


We did also see Narnia.  On a scale of 1 to 3, with 1 being if they made a sequel to Ellen DeGeneres' festering dung pile "Mr. Wrong" with a more mediocre actor than Bill Pullman and more annoying kids, and a 3 being a new Avengers movie starring Iron Man, Spiderman, AND Captain America (which I would deem a good thing), I give Narnia a 2.

I recently spent a lot on dress shirts so I could start being more respectable and having clothes to wear to work, and so I could start looking almost as trendy as my cousin Nick :)  He does more shopping in Chicago than I do I think!  Graduation parties reminded me I never had a college graduation party.  I could use that money about now :) (On a sidenote, I've since spent more on more shirts.  I have a problem.  Really.  I'm going on my second year-plus hiatus from entering GAP now.)


I'd also like to mention that my girlfriend looks cute in summer clothes.


I'd also like to shout out to my cousin Eric and his girlfr-iancee Jill cause I get to be in their wedding.  Sweet.  With Chris.  The best man is like 8" taller than me.  That's all for now.

No comments: