Monday, March 10, 2008

Sick of sickness

I want a bumper sticker that says "Boycott People Who Care More About Animals Than People".  I saw a bunch of people picketing KFC yesterday for torturing chickens.  Yeah, cutting off beaks, legs, whatever is gross and cruel, but honestly- isn't there a better cause you could worry about?  I guess its cause animals don't have a voice, and plenty of other people are fighting for other causes...but I just don't understand thinking "yeah, chicken torture.  That's my calling."  Some people even think we're all just creatures on Earth, and animals (and some people even PLANTS) should have same rights and freedoms as everyone else...I fear the people that value their pets as much or more than people.

Anyway, I probably say every time "this'll be brief" and then it isn't cause I talk too much.

Last week for this Monday we had to make an 8" cube model of our ongoing design project, on the laser cutter.  I spent Saturday from around 5pm until Sunday around 11am accomplishing what you see below.  This involved a complete night of AutoCADing and a good morning of sitting in the laser cutter room with friends watching it cut out pieces.  Thank God it only took four hours to assemble.  I wish I had the time and space to explain- I'll hafta work my way backwards explaining this project in images, in an entry over Spring Break.  Which is in a week.

The nice thing about my all-nighter last week was getting sick shortly after I got to school.  It did help a bit when Tiffany brought me Giordano's (deep dish Chicago pizza, people) for dinner.  What didn't help was staying up all night and having a ravaging flu the night before my planned date day with Tiffany.  We still had half the day together, after I slept from 11-3pm, even though I was completely freezing for our entire dinner.  And the next four days.  Yeah Thursday sometime was when the fever broke and I stopped having hot and cold flashes and finally stopped waking up drenched in sweat 1-4 times a night and decided it was safe to wash my sheets again.

Luckily I got a sinus infection and feel like I've been punched in the face, just in time for St. Patrick's Day, also known as national Drink from Waking to Sleeping Day, and it was Josh's birthday (yesterday) and we had a party.  If only spectating drinking-related events was as fun as like spectating sports.  Cause its not.  The party was alright anyway, and friends came, and I talked to some architect at SOM (aka mega-firm thats built most of the world's tallest buildings) who will help me get an internship.  As will a new portfolio of my work, that I should be doing right now.  Oh yeah.


UM so bye now, drinking some tea and doing some work and bracing for a busy week; thankfully last week was easy or I'd have died, since I was delirious most of four days.  

Also you can see in the party picture if you look closely, the nice array of sores and general skin damage around my mouth, pathetically masked by my 9-day-o'clock shadow.

In euphoric news, I got a used blue iPod nano on Craig's List from some girl in the area.  Been without an around-the-clock music fix since last summer.  Hard to believe.

No comments: