Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Catching Up Part 2...

Guitar school took three months, I came back home and failed to find any jobs in the business in Chicago. So I took a job as a Designer, glorified furniture salesman, for high end retailer Walter E. Smithe. For three months, until I realized I couldn't make any money.



I worked a sweet evening job that involved my ipod and a huge Mac doing photo editing for an up and coming dot com in Chicago, and made some cash buying and selling U2 tickets. Finally I landed a sweet office job doing customer service and data entry for an auto financing company. Oh wait that was the corporate version of working McDonald's drive-thru.



After a kick in the pants from a seminar at an organization called Landmark Education, I set my sights on what I wanted for my life- a job in the guitar business, a girlfriend, graduate school. Within the next three months I got a guitar repair job for the nation's biggest guitar repair shop on the near west side. I decided to volunteer for something, because I never do and my friend asked me to, and met this girl Tiffany, who just under a year later moved to Chicago to be with me. And finally, I got to applying to Architecture grad school. I was *this close* to applying to Art Therapy schools, but my brother's suggestion that I'd be good at architecture, and a Psych prof's advice that it'd be best for me because I could be creative there, led me to where I am now.

No comments: