Sunday, November 7, 2010

Chris' Photos- Switzerland, Barcelona, Paris

Here's a nice panoramic of the riverfront in Zurich. Even better at night.

We found an Apple Store! Might as well go check it out :) Understand, this isn't just about liking Apple stuff- I love their stores because the architecture is cool, and its interesting to me to see how they fit identical requirements into a variety of buildings, locations, cities, countries.

These Z4s were new. This was the first one I had seen. There were lots of nice cars in Zurich. Black German cars mostly.

A small pedestrian street, with residence front doors.

The "park" overlooking the river.

Europe (or the world?)'s largest clock face, apparently. These pictures are nice cause I got to be in them.

Lake Zurich, and the Alps in the distance. Somewhere back there supposedly is the Matterhorn, but we didn't see it.

A nice picture of leaf colors.

We climbed one of the clock towers at a church. Next to the stairs was an inset window, oddly with a chair in it- maybe for docents or something. So I decided to give it a sit. People coming up the stairs, which were right next to me, gave me weird looks :)

Another panoramic of Chris', from the tower, of Zurich- lake to the left.

Zurich felt very German.

Me. Walking. With my weekend bag. And spaceman coat.

"For me". To the right is our dinner- only thing we could afford in Zurich, including at the grocery store (Coop). Bloody ridiculous expensive. So we got "Citron" flavored soda (which was more like grapefruit, like Fresca) and a couple cheesy pierogie things, I forget what they were exactly but they were warm and good and still cost too much. We would have spent more eating at McDonalds. Seriously. Or drinking A Starbucks coffee.

Gennaro, our cousin's kid, checking out my computer. We stayed with them in Basel, Switzerland.

Sleepy guy.

One of three Eiffel Towers I saw in 9 days, in Basel at the carnival thing they had.

Me and Giuseppe walking through downtown Basel at night in the rain.

Walking near downtown Basel in the rain during the day. The carnival and church that I forget the name of, in the distance.

Waiting for the bus.

Me and a cool building.

Me and another cool building.

Me and one of the original gates to the Basel city walls.

More Gennaro. He was sick. And wearing a robe. And slippers!

Can I play with the camera?

A few Paris photos, the following weekend. The upside-down pyramid in the Louvre, right next to the new Apple Store.

I tried to eat it. Shawna tried to take a picture.


The Apple Store with all-glass stairs.

A tunnel at Centre Pompidou.

Me and Chris and Notre Dame du Paris, at his request. We have beards. Yes we do.

The formerly opening and closing camera-lens oculi wall of the Centre du Monde d'Arab.

A nice little still life.

Most interesting angle of the Eiffel Tower I've ever seen.

No comments: