Thursday, January 8, 2009

"A Long Wandering and Eventful Journey"

Well it certainly was long and wandering, but I'm not sure I'd call it eventful.  I haven't seen a story that much about nothing since The Catcher In The Rye!  

Yeah today, I watched 2001: A Space "Odyssey" for the first time.  The first time.  The last.

There was more dialogue in Fantasia.  There wasn't a spoken word for the first twenty minutes of the movie!  Long and wandering is right.  More of a movie making odyssey if anything.  The soundtrack of course is landmark, and the visuals were stunning.  Which is why it'd make a better screensaver than a movie.  

I'll now be Googling things to see if there was a deeper meaning and story behind twenty minutes of apes jumping around a black obelisk, a self-aware computer who sings a song before he dies, and a pre-birth infant the size of Earth in a giant bubble.

No comments: