Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Floor

October 1st- Moved in to new apartment, knowing that bathroom and kitchen floors needed to be redone and would be done in a couple weeks.  They tried saying they weren't taking renters because of the floor though we had already said we wanted the apartment. 

November 1st- Floors promised to be started.

Post-Thanksgiving- Floors finally started.  Kitchen finished a week later.  Its okay, I'm not stressed or anything, I mean I'm hardly home because of all the school work I've got but certainly when I do come home its nice to come home to a construction site.

First week of December- bathroom promised to be started next Tuesday.

Tuesday December 9th- bathroom quite notably NOT started.

Some time the following week while I'm in Indy- floor torn up.

Some time after Christmas- floor MORE torn up.

Tuesday, JANUARY 6th, three months after the floors would be done "in a couple of weeks", days before my Christmas break is OVER, three weeks after the bathroom was started, and a week after the maintenance guy was last here- bathroom floor finished.

Time to clean up all the dust and put some things on the walls.

2 comments:

Dave said...

I saw that your floor was torn up during my brief visit to your apartment. I can attest that this blog is true.

The Lincoln Parker said...

Carl you could start leaving riddles like the following.... You might still have time to figure this out before school starts!

You have two ropes. Both of them take exactly one hour to burn, but do not burn evenly (i.e. they will speed up and slow down the rate of burning). If you are given an unlimited number of matches, how can you denote exactly 45 minutes?