Monday, April 7, 2008

Nervously Waiting...

3/27 at Hobby Airport

So, I found out Lake Charles is home to less casinos than I thought.  But probably as many factories as I thought.  They have a nice little boardwalk around their lake, aptly named Charles, with some war memorials and a 9/11 memorial.  They also have a few (but only a few) places for getting a 5lb platter of crawfish for Paul and I (my first) and some fried catfish.  Also got a wicked po' boy for lunch.  Met his gf Valerie, who along with her cousin liked to remind Paul and I that she was from the country and like simple things, mostly in reference to the apple-cranberry-almond-onion-spinach-raspberry-vinagrette salad we made for them.  They however had no problem with the steaks.  I enjoyed being able to drive Paul's Infiniti G35 around Lake Charles a bit in the nice weather with the windows down and stereo on, though only at respectably reasonable speeds.  No really.  But its a sweet car with hot rims and a nasty growl.  


Oh and check out their airport.  Pictures here.  You can see how far Arrivals are from Departures.  Funny, cause I was just thinking about how you never get to walk off the plane, down the stairs onto the tarmac (whatever THAT is) anymore.  And then I had the pleasure.  I also experienced the shortest airport exit ever.  They opened the gate you see there, I walked through it, and I was out of the..."airport".  Right there was also their baggage claim.  A metal table thing.  Outside.  Oh, Louisiana.




I also hit my goal for fundraising today for the triathlon.   Fundraising is hard, and my goal was lofty, and I figured I'd land among the stars.  Well my best friend Josh decided he wanted to git R done and he capped off what I needed (and then some) to hit a grand.  Awesomely sweet.  Now if only I was in any shape to be running this thing, but at least I don't have strep throat and an ear infection like Tiffany (or at least not that I know of).  The weather has felt great every time I walk outside, and thanks to sunroof I even got some sun on my mostly exposed scalp.  My hair is slowly leaving it for dead.  FINE, I didn't want you there anyway.   So I'm sorta bored with this and gonna go now.  Counting Crows' new album came out Tuesday, for anyone who's...counting, and we listened to it on the way to Houston.  So far its a hmmm.

No comments: