Here's some interesting residual photos of the semester that my classmates took. Lots of pictures of me, which is nice since obviously I couldn't take any like that myself :)
The first few I dunno who took em. These are my friend Britta's photos. Since I have my friends' photos grouped by who took em, that's how I'll post em. Oops there's a lot of them. She took most of these with her wide-angle lens, which provided for some amazing photos, especially the ability to get large groups of people and buildings in one shot. I was very jealous. But hey, it also cost hundreds of dollars.
I'm gonna try and do these with minimal text. I've already told most of the stories.
Here's the lobby of our hotel. The LOBBY. Really narrow. Only place we could get wifi. At least they had comfortable velvet seats. And we could smell pot from outside drifting in the door pretty much any time of day.
This is a big building by the water. Random steps and huge concrete column supports. Jessica and I. You'll see a lot of the same faces in these photos...
There it is. Nice work wide-angle lens.


Us eating some lunch on our first day- we found a little grocery store, bought some yogurt (whipped!) and sandwich stuff. Me, Kat, Katie, Jessica, and Janis.


This is in an old hotel in Rotterdam. Me and Jessica. Tiny chairs in this niche. Weird.
Similar chairs and steps.

A tiny window. We could see down to the adjacent floor that was like 3/4 of a floor below. Really weird.


We went out for Persian food. Good idea, professor, except it was bloody expensive...and it was far from the only time he decided to get expensive food. We're talking like 20-25 euro for dinner.


Mosaic glass tile table.
Us eating outside by the reflecting pond. Particularly glad that Britta took so many pictures with me in them! Jason, John, Dave, Me.


I think this is the interior of the same building, but we did see multiple theaters...
Back in Amsterdam. Dutch pancake place. Katie's find. 25 minute walk (the first time, cause we were wandering) but worth it.
We were starving, and these giant "pancakes" didn't disappoint. Basically thick crepes, like pizzas, and you could get em in dessert form (chocolate, bananas, strawberries, etc) or meal form (bacon, eggs, cheese, etc). They were AWESOME. So much food. I finished mine and helped two other girls finish theirs :) Katie, Shawna, Kat, Jessica, Me, Alex.


Poffertjes. Small doughy fried dessert things in powdered sugar and syrup. Delicious. We ate there twice. And got poffertjes on the street too. So good.


Museum in Amsterdam. Had this courtyard that was painted crazy. And this cage thing in the middle, that was mirrored so it was hard to tell what was inside and what was reflected...it almost started disappearing.


InSIDE, it actually had a soccer ball and two small goals...and Britta took a picture through the bars RIGHT as I kicked it- and I'm looking at the ball about to apologize to Britta for hitting her camera. Dave, Kat, Me, Alex's leg.


More group shots. Shawna, Jessica, Alex, Kat, Me. Jessica was cold. I think it was actually cold and windy, but she's always cold anyway.


In Delft, at the architecture school. If you look closely, you can see the exterior walls of the original building- this was a courtyard that was enclosed with a metal roof and this massive orange thing, which is auditorium seating on the outside, classrooms underneath. Brilliant. This was all built when the school moved into this building, when the architecture school's other building burnt down a year before...


Oh YEAH. We always found cool stuff when we started wandering, snooping around, opening closed doors. This was a piece of furniture, sorta. Perfect for a group photo.


Looking straight up into the core of the pyramid part of the building- those are multiple floors of balconies.


Main plaza in Rotterdam, us taking a little break on the benches. Scott, Katie, Ryan, Dorit, Steve, Sarah, Marcella, John, Janis.


Waiting in the lobby of OMA for our tour (architecture firm- pretty famous one at that). Tired after a long day. Right before our meal of expensive Persian food.


This is the ING headquarters- as in ING Direct bank. Except they have real brick-and-mortar bank locations in Holland and elsewhere in Europe. CRAZY looking building.


Dave and Carl taking a snooze. Shortly before they politely asked our class to leave, because we were loitering- even though like 10-12 people bought things, and it was post-lunch-time on a weekday, and the place was empty. But whatever.


Half of Britta's head in a bathroom mirror, I dunno where. But what is with that little extra sink on the side?


Now this was crazy. This was a rounded end of the "Educatorium" on the Delft campus, covered in plywood, and my classmates were running up, sliding down, flipping, etc. Amazing no one got hurt. I took some good video of it. That I'll post some day.








They also had weird transparent glass over one of the floors. So we went up there and took funny pictures.


Dave doing Dave things again. Climbing a tree. Me making sure he doesn't fall and die. I pushed his feet up there. Oh, actually that was Jason...


The last class photo of Amsterdam, we got everyone to the sign, and climbed all over it. I was on the middle part of the T, standing next to someone who was on top of the T. Only possible with a wide-angle lens! And it was taken right before her battery died on the camera...


































































No comments:
Post a Comment