Monday, August 24, 2009

Recap 2

Also, Tiffany left me. :) She moved to Austin to start a three year dual Master's of Social Work and Master's of Public Health. Her great uncle and aunt drove up from Arkansas, packed up all her stuff minus desk and bed that we sold, and drove her back to Arkansas to visit her great grandmother, down to Austin to drop off her stuff and to Houston to get the rest of her stuff, where I flew down a week after she left, met her, packed up, drove rental truck to Austin after hanging out with her parents, and helped her start her new life WITHOUT ME :) Her roommate, who's in her program, who she found on a chatboard, found an apartment for them both. Not bad. See moving in pictures. Unfortunately, one of the locals stole my camera from under my nose, while we were unpacking the truck, a scant 12 hours after I had ordered my new camera, coincidentally.







Tiffany and I spent 4 days in Austin- one unpacking and outfitting her apartment with the esteemed help of Father Uncle Father Bill, one going to the grocery store and other errands and Barton Springs (a giant spring fed part of the river downtown in a state park (where they have Austin City Limits) where people go to swim, and its really cold), one day going to the country's largest water park, Schlitterbahn, with aforementioned Uncle-Priest, and one day riding TIffany's bike and Uncle Bill's lent bike all over downtown Austin and UT campus in the balmy summer sun, seeing the sights, learning our way around. As you can see, we hung out with Uncle Bill a lot!












This is an art installation in City Hall (pictured above) that shocks you when you put your hands on it. A giant cable runs into it from the wall. I was NOT interested :)

Outside City Hall. A little river that spirals into this hole :)


See pictures. And then I went to South Bend for 4 days, back to Chicago for 4, and flew out! Here's also pictures of me packing. I also had a mole taken out of my back that was stitched up and gave me a bit of annoyance for a couple weeks. But don't worry I'm gonna live.

No comments: