Monday, August 24, 2009

Recap 1

So there are a few things I'd like to recap though. One, a random story I never shared (or did I?). I went to Jamba Juice and got my favorite smoothie. Sure there aren't many flavors but there's still like 15 or something. Guy behind me must have ordered the same thing, cause when mine's done he tries taking it- I was like yeah um that's mine. He said wait, is your name Carl too? I was like huh? Wait, your name is Carl? And you ordered that too? Right behind me? It made me want to take a picture with him. I should have. He was like a tall black guy about my age. I've only met like 5 Carls in my life.


We also went to a family (Ross Mittiga, owner of Corby's, his son) wedding this summer. It was at the Basilica. What a cool place to get married (yeah Carl, when are YOU getting married, c'mon!). The weather was great and it was nice cool to take pictures outside there. Also, they had a sweet rental car to drive away in:






I also saw my friend Dave Esch who I haven't seen in a year I think, since he's been living in Columbia, the country. He was home for his sister Sarah's wedding, who married a Spanish guy, who's brother is an architect in Seville. I'm gonna try and meet him. I'm going to visit Dave also next summer when Tiffany and I go to a friend's wedding in Ecuador for a week, which I believe I mentioned (I don't feel like going back and checking). (I love parentheticals).


Something else sweet is Josh and I ran The Great Urban Race, put on by the same people as the Warrior Dash, and it was basically a one-day version of The Amazing Race. At least 522 teams registered. We had five hours to complete a scavenger hunt across the city. Top 25 teams from each of about 25 cities are granted entry into a national competition in New Orleans to win $10,000! First place in Chicago won $300, top three places had entry into nationals paid for. Josh and I busted our asses, running all over downtown and then all over Wrigleyville- 4.5 miles in all, plus the time on the El- and we finished in just about two hours, placed FIFTH. MAN we were close to 4th and 3rd. But I'll be in Spain during Nationals anyway and we probably wouldn't pay to fly and stay down in New Orleans anyway. But it was fun to do and fun to kick ass.


No comments: