Cut my hair...
...aaaaaaaaand cut my face.
And did a little dancing and air guitar for the camera...
I am now on the most glorious Megabus ($1* fares!) on my way to Indianapolis to visit my favorite kids in the world, and some friends. Stoked. I of course could be sleeping like everyone else on here, but why the hell would I waste the opportunity to surf the internet at 70mph? Mobile wifi is sweet. I feel so 21st Century right now.
Flash forward to the next day. I'm in Indianapolis with the kiddies.
Time to sum up the semester. Hardest I've worked for that amount of time. People say architecture is hard. And then there's being given loads of work over the weekend "because you have two full days to work on it". Great. Its okay, I don't need sleep, food, or time to bathe myself. If I could live with a beard, I could certainly use that lost shaving time back. Geez. I just hope I got good enough grades to continue my quest to go to Barcelona. Which is to say (which is the department chair's favorite phrase) I'm trying to maintain a 3.0 so I'm in good standing and not kicked out of school. My 3.67 first semester was hurt by the 2.89 I got the following semester, due to (as far as I'm concerned)an unappreciative six-credit C in my Studio class. Hoping to not repeat that this semester. Will know soon. I worked my ass off, within reason. Still need time to be a human being. Shop for groceries, slowly unpack my belongings, spend time with my girlfriend and roommate.
This semester was an urban design studio, designing a library for the currently library location in downtown Chicago. We spent weeks researching, weeks doing other research, and the rest of the time building models it seems like. Oh and then there were three other classes- lord knows when I have time to devote to those. Here's some model pictures below.
Tiffany and Josh came to my final all-day review (part of it) before we went out for AH drink that turned into many drinks since the bartender knows my regulars classmates and was pouring us tasty girly shots all night on the house. Okay, sounds good to me.
The following morning I began my one-month quest to regain my humanity. It began with having three days to plan a magical birthday for Tiffany and clean up my apartment enough to have some guests (my brother and his friend). And spend the afternoon playing Super Nintendo as well. Tiffany's pre-birthday and birthday went well, complete with my brother and his friend winning tickets in the Wicked drawing they do every day. We did some shopping, did some Tex-Mex food, saw a wonderfully depressing WWII movie to end the night on a high note. Even the weather wasn't too bad. Until it went from 53 on Sunday to 6 on Monday. Thankfully I was off for warmer climes (Indianapolis).
So I'm well on my way so far. Changed my address with all the places in life that have my address, two months after moving. Cleaned the bathroom for the first time since I moved in. Not meaning we cleaned it when we moved in. Visiting some friends and family here in Indianapolis. Onward and upward. Cleaning up this semester's files on my computer, messing with my music library.
When I get home home, to SB, will be the real activity. Cleaning out or at least organizing all my garbage thats still there, helping the family clean/arrange the basement. Creating a website with Chris. Playing some guitar. Doing Christmasy things like making cookies, drinking egg nog, sitting by the fire, eating cookies, sitting by the fire, eating chocolate, sitting by the fire, drinking cider...you get the idea.
So more blog entries will come as I continue my tri-state travels over vacation and continue firmly grasping my sanity for a few weeks until it is stolen from my desperately clutching fingers. And now for some completely different pictures.
A model I made for mid-term that was universally hated (~2 feet long):
The model I build next, with a grassy roof. Same-ish size. Took days.
Me and my pal Shubair, Tiffany's friend from Baylor.
Me and my pal Tiffany :)
Tiffany's brother Wesley. We went to NASA Space Center in Houston over Thanksgiving- fulfilled a lifelong dream to go see all the rockets and space shuttle and stuff...
Tiffany's sister Karen and some large rocket engines...
Cockpit of the space shuttle! Cool. Airplane nerds might like this.
Tiffany celebrated her early birthday!
Snow-covered world from the air- neato.
My newly much larger class sitting around at a review, where we pin our garbage up on the wall and talk about it one by one. Usually takes all day :)
My final model in the giant model of Chicago we built. This model may come to South Bend with me if you wish to see it there, family members. Its about 2.5 feet long.
Another closer photo.
A large model that was just a small section of my whole building. Chris spent half a weekend in November helping me with this, Tiffany helped me make furniture and place people. Then I borrowed people from many people in the Studio and populated my auditorium for a photo.
And then I knocked all the people down. On purpose, this time- they fell down a few times on accident before I got them all up for the picture. Couldn't glue them down since I hadta give em back! This model was about three feet tall. Maybe four. It got throwed away. After I rescued the people.
Inside of the model decorated and furnished by Tiffany :)
The whole thing. Its tall.
Some of my classmates' models sitting on the ground waiting for their presentation. Neat.



2 comments:
New post
Where do you get all those cool, different sized and shaped boxes used for all the buildings, and do they come with the windows already drawn on? I want some. Why? Because they are cool.
Post a Comment