Saturday, July 12, 2008

Random Stuff. But No iPhone.

This is a short and scattered entry.  First, I decided that in the theme of my blog about my parents, I'm gonna write a series of entries about important people in my life- who they are, what they mean to me, what kinda person they.  I suppose I already did that sorta with my grandma.  Or maybe not.  But people like my siblings, Josh, Tiffany, etc.  So some of you will get to read about yourself.  Everyone loves getting recognized, right?

Second, DO THIS.  ING Direct opened up the gates so that you can invite more people.  I can make $10 per person that joins through my referral, and you get $25 in your account!  I mean seriously its worth opening the account just to get $25.  ING Direct is an online-only bank account where you can get a 3% return on your money.  Used to be more like 4.5% before the market tanked.  You can directly transfer money to other bank accounts, or from other accounts (without the transfer fees that people like Chase charge) and if your money is just sitting in your bank making no money, might as well be making 3%, seriously.  Email me and I'll send you an invite.  Josh and Chris have accounts.  They're sweet.  I forget if my parents got accounts yet...

Also, my mom got a Mac.  ROCK.  She's computer savvy like that.  Learned it in no time.  Right mom?

Also, I want to complain.  I have a thousand different websites that I have usernames with.  Some important and financial, many not.  Of course I have multiple different passwords.  But these days, when you sign up and it tells you it hasta be six digits, or six digits with a number, or six digits with two numbers, or six digits with two numbers and no dictionary word longer than three letters (seriously this is true) how the HELL am I supposed to remember the stipulations they gave me for my password I entered almost a year ago for my student financial services, that I use about once a semester?  Couldn't you at least tell me what the password is supposed to contain so I remember which of 10 passwords I used, before my five-login max is exceeded and I'm locked out of the account for 24 hours?  SERIOUSLY.

Next I'm going to write about some stories that illustrate ridiculously how small the world really is.  Or how that six degrees thing is really true.  Or something like that.

No comments: