I didn't realize/find out the path of the parade until I got there. I was thinking I'd hafta walk a couple blocks around it- until I got north and realized it turned south and I was hemmed in. By the time I got back to walking past my apartment, I'd walked a mile already. I kept walking south another MILE to get past the south edge of the parade, and walked more because the bus wasn't running that far north because of the parade. Below is the path I walked to get to the NEAREST CTA (normally I could walk a block in either direction to a bus or four blocks to the train). All in all I walked , by the mile markers you can't read, almost three miles. I got on the bus almost exactly one hour after leaving my apartment.
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Complaining.
Ps, when Tiffany and I and Karen went to the Taste of Chicago, there was a parade going on. Let me just say, for those that don't know, that I live near (read: in the EPICENTER of) the second gayest neighborhood in the country (I'm assuming there's a gayer one in SF). They were having a parade about how proud they were, aptly called the Pride Parade. Tiffany wanted me to meet her on the other side of the parade, at a nearby El stop. Well the parade was going straight up the nearest big street I live by, to an angle intersection north of me, and then back around south down the other street at an angle- which happens to be the other nearest big street I live by.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment