Sunday, February 8, 2009

I Don't Like Losing At Poker.

So now that over a month of 2009 has gone by, its time to think- GEEZ, over a month of 2009 has gone by!!  Are your New Years' Resolutions gone already?  Forgotten?  Barely started?  Well the nice thing about springtime is Lent is right around the corner :)  I thought I'd share some of my New Years' things- resolutions and other such things.


My general resolution of the year is an extension of last year, which is to focus on being selfless.  I also reminded myself that in nine months, Tiffany moves presumably to Austin to start grad school, and I move to Barcelona for 4 months for school.  Meaning we have 9 months to maybe work out things we need to talk about and do whatever else we need to do to further and strengthen our relationship before we're apart for the better part of a year.


I also resolved that this would be the best year yet.  I resolved that the year I got my favorite job, met Tiffany, and decided on grad school.  That was 2006, and 2007  I started grad school and Tiffany moved to Chicago, 2008 was great as well (though a kick in the pants in terms of the amount of work I had to do).


Finally, Christmas break gave me a chance to do some things- to get my life back on track.  The important thing is I got to start cutting back my possessions. I cut back my expenses when I started school, but now I'm cutting back my belongings too- thinking of having to move, thinking of consolidating stuff with another person at some point :), and thinking about all the stuff I don't need, don't use, don't want, and takes up space- and space costs money, when you're talking about a house or storage or something.  So I feel much more streamlined.  


I got my apartment how I want it and my room how I want it, so now its easy to start my New Years things before I go to bed- reading a book, reading the Bible (been going two years now trying to read the whole thing...) playing some guitar, reading my three books of extensive pictures called Modern House, and doing Rosetta Stone so I can learn Spanish in time to hone it in Guatemala.


I'm also doing well at not taking school too seriously, which is a resolution for my own well-being but also for what I'm like when I'm with Tiffany during the semester, which is important.  I just gotta make sure I still pass my classes however :)


SO, 2009 is gonna kick ass.  Onward and upward.  Someday I'll get to my long-term goals of building my own house and buying a Lamborghini, and taking a trip once a year out of the country with Tiffany.  And paying Chris to fly me places :)

No comments: